Tuesday, January 15, 2013

#edcmooc A short introduction...

Just a brief introduction... My name is Daniëlle Verstegen and I am an assistant professor at at the department of educational development and research of the faculty of health, medicine and life sciences of Maastricht University in the Netherlands.

I have a background in learning psychology and cognitive scienc. I have worked mostly in the field of instructional design and e-learning. I'm not really a techie, though, and always relatively slow in the uptake of gadgets and tools. My phone is still wifi- and camera-less (but it has a solar cell). I don't do Facebook or Twitter....One of my plans for the new year, though, is to spend some time on reviewing and redesigning my digital presence.

I'm cosupervising two external non-European PhD students who are looking at the influence of culture on (distance) e-learning. Not entirely the same as the focus of this course, I believe, but not far from it. I'm struggling with the notion that digital culture is very fluid...I remember all the research done on e-mail and nettiquete 15-20 years ago. All the results useless by now, because our digital habits have changed so quickly.

Daniëlle

No comments:

Post a Comment