Friday, February 15, 2013

#edcmooc MOOC experiences

I have restarted after 5 days of Carnaval and family visits. With some difficulty, I must admit. For the past week I have been immersed in non-digital culture and direct human-to-human contact.

What strikes me most, though, are not the differences but the similarities. In the largely home-made  Carnaval costumes I see how different human beings express themselves. Some go for flashy, others for funny. Some are very extravert, some more subtle. Some focus on some gimmick to stimulate interaction with others, others aim at admiration. And some are just loud and boasting, rather a bit like this MOOC.

Somewhere I read frustration about ' ...shouting out to be heard in a large crowd..'. That made me realize I don't necessarily want to be heard. For me this MOOC is a way to take time for myself, for my own professional development without the pressure of being directly useful, related to a project or publishable. The time that I spend on this MOOC is -strangely enough- quiet and very private time. OK, I have send the link to this blog to a few colleagues, but honestly I don't expect them to read it. And I don't mind at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment